CONFIRMED DATES : 20TH JUNE – 4TH JULY 2020
Two Week Beach Camp in Croyde, Devon, the UK with a trip to Sandbanks the British Junior Open Championships.
In 2020 we have one-two weeks camp available for International Beach Volleyball School Camps for 12-17 years of age.
If you would like to attend for one week, that’s fine please register using the link and let us know which week you would prefer.
- Are you or do you have a child who you would like to learn to speak English & they love to play volleyball then this is the English Beach Volleyball Camp for you!
- It will bring young people from all over the world together who already have a love of beach volleyball but would like to combine it with learning English.
- This is not an ordinary English Language School but one specific for learning beach volleyball in English, while training under great beach volleyball coaches many who work with Volleyball England National Team Program.
- For those staying for two weeks, we are offering the opportunity to play in Sandbanks which is the largest youth beach volleyball here in the UK and is the #UKBT Junior Championships. This will involve two nights camping, entry into the event and travel to and from the competition.
- All we ask is that you register with UKBeachTour.com to become a member and send us your membership number.
Saturday 20th June 2020
Mini Bus/Coach departs Heathrow at 3 p.m. for North Devon.
Arrive into Croyde North Devon and settle into your home for the two weeks.
Sunday 21st June 2020
Compete in the local beach volleyball event on Croyde Beach, arranged by the Academy of Beach Sports as part of the Gold Coast Ocean Festival 2020.
Monday 22nd June – Thursday 25th June & Monday 29th June – Thursday 2nd July 2020
Session 1 09:30-11:30 Technical & Physical Session
Session 2 14:00-16:00 Game Play Session with Coaches
Each day the children will be able to spend the break relaxing at their home and be able to walk between their home, the beach and the small local village.
Friday 26th June 2020
Travel to Sandbanks, where we will camp at Merley Court Holiday Park an award-winning campsite in Poole, Dorset.
If you are only staying for one week then this is your rest day and chance to explore the beautiful town of Ilfracombe.
If you are travelling back on Saturday 27th June 2020 your transport will be organised with Country Cousins. Depart Ilfracombe and return to Heathrow.
Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th June 2020
Compete in the Sandbanks UKBT Junior Championships 2019 either in two age groups or the 3* UKBT senior event TBC.
Saturday 4th July 2020
If you are travelling back on Saturday 4th July 2020 your transport will be organised with Country Cousins. Depart Braunton and return to Heathrow.
Parkdean Holidays at Ruda in Croyde, North Devon.
Their House Parents are checked with the Governments DBS-Disclosure and Barring Service.
The minibus will leave LHR London Heathrow at 3pm so flights must arrive between 11-2pm.
London Heathrow flights outside of these times please contact BVInc (flights cannot depart before 2pm or land after 2pm).
On Saturdays, the London Heathrow bus will depart North Devon at 6am.
This bus will arrive at Heathrow airport at around 11.30am for flights to be scheduled between 2-5pm.
Exeter or Bristol
There is a possibility to be collected from Exeter or Bristol at no extra charge please contact us as email@example.com before booking flights to these airports usually scheduled between 8am-9pm.
For London St. Pancras International, must arrive between 1.30pm and 2.30pm, and depart between 3pm and 4.30pm.
The cost of Visa Invitation letters for non-European Students is £35 per letter per student. Letters will be posted by DHL International.
Travel Insurance & EHIC
• PLEASE NOTE It is compulsory that you get Travel Insurance to cover the loss of and/or damage to personal belongings, medical expenses in the event that the student is ill, and course fees in the event of an unexpected cancellation or curtailment of the course.
- Please also bring with you the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) if you are a country that is a member of the scheme, this does make it easy to access some free treatments immediately rather than using your insurance. EHIC Information
Costs for the camp £750 one week £1500 two weeks, which included entry into the British Open Championships 2020.
£ per day by arrangement please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The overall cost for the camp to include the following
- Shuttle transportation from Heathrow to North Devon Return
- Seven/fourteen nights accommodation with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Evening BBQs at Croyde beach playing with local children.
- Four days beach volleyball coaching eight lessons in English with on-court English lessons, from our experienced beach volleyball team under the guidance of Denise Austin GBR (Click here) International and beach camp organiser of 20 years. If you are in any doubt please do see Denise Austin BVInc Facebook page photos here for an understanding of her experience she will bring to your beach volleyball camp
- Beach Volleyball Guidebook with all the beach volleyball moves in English.
- English Interaction with local beach volleyball players, many England internationals from the Academy of Beach Sports
- Special Diets. Vegetarians are no extra cost, for vegans, lactose intolerant or coeliac there is an additional charge of £40 per week.
- If you would like any extra supplementary English lessons these can be arranged with the language school at £35 per lesson.
Reservation and Payment
Payable by BACS/CHAPS/IBAN details will also be shown on completion of registration, we also have a Transferwise Bank Account which has multiple currencies, please contact us for which is easiest to pay.
IBAN: GB66 TRWI 2314 7033 3637 15
please ensure it is sent in GB Pounds £’s
If you pay by PayPal to email@example.com there will be a 4.5% surcharge added automatically if you pay immediately.
Please complete the enrollment form and send it with a deposit of £300. The deposit is part of the course fees and will be deducted from the total fees payable. Students will not be met at the airport, permitted to attend classes nor to enter accommodation unless payment has been paid in pounds sterling 28 days before the course starts.
Can I fly out on different days rather than a Sunday?
For Heathrow the only day is Saturday, for Bristol and Exeter please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see if arrangements can be made.
Is it possible to stay for one week? Will the weeks be the same?
Yes that’s fine – each week is £750. However we do encourage you to stay for the two weeks to experience the camping and event of the British Junior Championships .
The week’s structure will be the same but the development and learning will be vastly improved, there will be so much more time to assimilate the practice of beach volleyball as well as English!
Will there be separate English lessons not just beach volleyball lessons in English?
If you want extra sit down class room lessons with Country Cousins then you can book there for £35 each lesson extra, please email us.
What kind of level will the players be?
We will also have coach trainers who will take part in the camp who are advanced players as well.
I am worried about sending my child alone on the plane, what happens when they land at the airport?
Please note for young children travelling they should have approval with the airline and Country Cousins will meet them directly at they leave Customs.
Terms and Conditions of Enrollment
Courses and accommodation are offered subject to availability.
Beach Volleyball Inc. reserves the right to cancel a course or make changes to course arrangements without liability if obliged to by circumstances beyond its control or due to low demand.
In such cases, Beach Volleyball Inc would seek to offer alternative arrangements, dates or venues, or a full refund of fees for tuition and accommodation.
Beach Volleyball Inc reserves the right to refuse to accept a student due to overriding health and safety concerns, or in cases where we or the accommodation provider cannot make reasonable provisions to facilitate their learning needs or personal care.
The course fees must be paid in full if documentation is required in support of a visa application. Students will not be permitted to start the course unless full payment has been received 28 days prior to start date.
Cancellations & refunds
Parents or guardians must inform Country Cousins in writing of any cancellations or changes. Cancellation fees are charged as follows:
- More than 28 days before the course begins – any fees paid less course deposit of £300.
- 14-28 days before the course begins 20% of course fees (excludes transfer charges) plus course deposit of £300.
- Less than 14 days before the course begins and after arrival/early termination of the course – no refund available.
Changes to enrollment/confirmation documents
We reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £20 each time course details are changed after confirmation has been issued.
If students request a change of host family without a justifiable reason there is a charge of £165 providing we have another family available.
Student conduct/standard of behaviour
We reserve the right to terminate without notice the course of any student where misconduct is proven to be persistent.
There will be no refund of fees to students whose courses are terminated in this way. Additional travel costs must be paid for via credit card.
Responsibilities of the parent or guardian
By completing and submitting the registration form, the parent or guardian:
- Grants the student permission to participate in the full programme of English course and leisure activities.
- Authorizes Country Cousins and Beach Volleyball Inc to take appropriate action in the case of any medical or another emergency, and accepts responsibility for any resultant cost.
- Accepts responsibility for any wilful damage caused by the student and any resultant cost for repair or replacement. For example breakages through acting irresponsibly.
Promotional Photographs and Videos for Beach Volleyball Inc
Staff may take photographs and videos of classes or other school activities during the student’s time with us which may be used for promotional purposes. If the student does not wish to appear in any promotional materials, please advise us at the time of booking.