Are you or do you have a child who you would like to learn to speak English & they love to play volleyball then this is the English Beach Volleyball Camp for you!
In the Summer of 2020 we will again be providing our International Beach Volleyball School Camps for 12-17 years of age.
Dates for 2020 are TBC because we are waiting on the British Junior Open Championship dates.
Provisionally last week of June-through to the first week of July. Or the first two weeks of July.
- It will bring young people from all over the world together who already have a love of beach volleyball but would like to combine it with learning English.
- This is not an ordinary English Language School but one specific for learning beach volleyball in English, while training under great beach volleyball coaches many who work with the Volleyball England National Team Program.
- Beach Volleyball Inc will be working alongside Country Cousins language school in Ilfracombe who will be hosting the students in local families in the community of Ilfracombe and Braunton area.
- For those staying for two weeks we are offering the opportunity to play in Sandbanks which is the largest youth beach volleyball here in the UK and is the #UKBT Junior Championships. This will involve two nights’ camping, entry into the event and travel to and from the competition.
- All we ask is that you register with UKBeachTour.com to become a member and send us your membership number.
Saturday 29th June 2019
Mini Bus/Coach departs Heathrow at 3 p.m. for North Devon.
Arrive into North Devon and be allocated to the local families.
Sunday 30th June
Activity day with Treasure Hunt around Ilfracombe or depending on the weather a late afternoon social at Croyde beach with BBQ.
Each day the students will be collected by shuttle to be taken to Croyde to begin beach volleyball training for 9:30 am (times may vary due to the weather)
Monday 1st July – Thursday 4th July & Monday 8th July – Thursday 11th July 2019
Session 1 09:30-11:30 Technical & Physical Session
Session 2 14:00-16:00 Game Play Session with Coaches
Each day the shuttle will return the students to their host families with evening activities with the language school in Ilfracombe on three evenings.
Friday 5th July
Travel to Sandbanks, where we will camp at Merley Court Holiday Park , an award winning camp site in Poole, Dorset.
If you are only staying for one week then this is your rest day and chance to explore the beautiful town of Ilfracombe.
If you are travelling back on the Saturday 6th July your transport will be organised with Country Cousins. Depart Ilfracombe and return to Heathrow.
Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th July 2019
Compete in the Sandbanks UKBT Junior Championships 2019 either in two age groups or the 3* UKBT senior event TBC.
£750 for a one week camp.
£1500 for a two week camp.
- Return shuttle transportation from Heathrow to North Devon.
- Seven/fourteen nights’ accommodation with breakfast, packed lunch and dinner.
- Three evenings’ entertainment with the Language school in Ilfracombe, with BBQ, talent show, disco, karaoke and sports.
- One day activity BBQ or Sunday Treasure hunt discovery in Ilfracombe, including a trip to see the Damien Hirst famous ‘Verity’.
- Four days’ beach volleyball coaching with on court English lessons, from our experienced beach volleyball team under the guidance of Denise Austin GBR – International and beach camp organiser of 20 years.
- Beach Volleyball Guidebook with all the beach volleyball moves in English.
- English Interaction with local beach volleyball players, many England internationals from the Academy of Beach Sports.
- Special Diets – Vegetarians are no extra cost, for Vegans, Lactose intolerant or coeliac there is an additional charge of £40 per week.
- English Lessons – if you would like any extra supplementary English lessons these can be arranged with the language school at £35 per lesson.
Reservation and Payment
To make a booking please complete the enrollment form and send it with a deposit of £300. The deposit is part of the course fees and will be deducted from the total fees payable. Students will not be met at the airport, permitted to attend classes nor to enter accommodation unless payment has been paid in pounds sterling 28 days before the course starts.
Payable by BACS/CHAPS/IBAN details will also be shown on completion of registration, we also have a Transferwise Bank Account which has multiple currencies, please contact us for which is easiest to pay.
IBAN: GB04 CPBK 0892 8611 4259 46
Please ensure it is sent in GB Pounds £s
If you pay by PayPal to email@example.com there will be a 4.5% surcharge added automatically if you pay immediately.
The minibus will leave LHR London Heathrow at 3pm so flights must arrive between 11-2pm.
London Heathrow flights outside of these times please contact BVInc (flights cannot depart before 2pm or land after 2pm).
On Saturdays, the London Heathrow bus will depart North Devon at 6am.
This bus will arrive at Heathrow airport at around 11.30am for flights to be scheduled between 2-5pm.
Exeter or Bristol
There is a possibility to be collected from Exeter or Bristol at no extra charge please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org before booking flights to these airports usually scheduled between 8am-9pm.
For London St. Pancras International, must arrive between 1.30pm and 2.30pm, and depart between 3pm and 4.30pm.
The cost of Visa Invitation letters for non-European Students is £35 per letter per student. Letters will be posted by DHL International.
Travel Insurance & EHIC
• PLEASE NOTE It is compulsory that you get Travel Insurance to cover the loss of and/or damage to personal belongings, medical expenses in the event that the student is ill, and course fees in the event of an unexpected cancellation or curtailment of the course.
Terms and Conditions of enrollment
Courses and accommodation are offered subject to availability.
Beach Volleyball Inc. reserves the right to cancel a course or make changes to course arrangements without liability if obliged to by circumstances beyond its control or due to low demand.
In such cases, Beach Volleyball Inc would seek to offer alternative arrangements, dates or venues, or a full refund of fees for tuition and accommodation.
Beach Volleyball Inc reserves the right to refuse to accept a student due to overriding health and safety concerns, or in cases where we or the accommodation provider cannot make reasonable provisions to facilitate their learning needs or personal care.
The course fees must be paid in full if documentation is required in support of a visa application. Students will not be permitted to start the course unless full payment has been received 28 days prior to start date.
Cancellations & refunds
Parents or guardians must inform Country Cousins in writing of any cancellations or changes. Cancellation fees are charged as follows:
- More than 28 days before the course begins – any fees paid less course deposit of £300.
- 14-28 days before the course begins 20% of course fees (excludes transfer charges) plus course deposit of £300.
- Less than 14 days before the course begins and after arrival/early termination of the course – no refund available.
Changes to enrollment/confirmation documents
We reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £20 each time course details are changed after confirmation has been issued.
If students request a change of host family without a justifiable reason there is a charge of £165 providing we have another family available.
Student conduct/standard of behaviour
We reserve the right to terminate without notice the course of any student where misconduct is proven to be persistent.
There will be no refund of fees to students whose courses are terminated in this way. Additional travel costs must be paid for via credit card.
Responsibilities of the parent or guardian
By completing and submitting the registration form, the parent or guardian:
- Grants the student permission to participate in the full programme of English course and leisure activities.
- Authorizes Country Cousins and Beach Volleyball Inc to take appropriate action in the case of any medical or another emergency, and accepts responsibility for any resultant cost.
- Accepts responsibility for any wilful damage caused by the student and any resultant cost for repair or replacement. For example breakages through acting irresponsibly.
Promotional Photographs and Videos for Beach Volleyball Inc
Staff may take photographs and videos of classes or other school activities during the student’s time with us which may be used for promotional purposes. If the student does not wish to appear in any promotional materials, please advise us at the time of booking.
Can I fly out on different days rather than a Sunday?
For Heathrow the only day is Saturday, for Bristol and Exeter please contact email@example.com to see if arrangements can be made.
Is it possible to stay for one week? Will the weeks be the same?
The week’s structure will be the same but the development and learning will be vastly improved, there will be so much more time to assimilate the practice of beach volleyball as well as English!
Will there be separate English lessons not just beach volleyball lessons in English?
If you want extra sit down class room lessons with Country Cousins then you can book there for £35 each lesson extra, please email us.
What kind of level will the players be?
We will also have coach trainers who will take part in the camp who are advanced players as well.
I am worried about sending my child alone on the plane, what happens when they land at the airport?
Please note for young children travelling they should have approval with the airline and Country Cousins will meet them directly at they leave Customs.